1. Troubleshoots industrial machinery and equipment: electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and PLC logic systems.
2. Observes and listens to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble; repairs equipment in a timely manner.
3. Dismantles machines or equipment, replacing defective parts and motors, and adjusting feed mechanisms.
4. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments to ensure machines are operating within validated parameters.
5. Reads, interprets, understands, and works from drawings, sketches, schematics, machine manuals, CMM work requests, and other written, electronic or verbal instructions.
6. Uses measuring devices and visual inspections to ensure quality of product and conformity to prints, work instructions, and standards.
7. Trouble shoots, repairs, and/or installs AC/DC motors, switches, relays and solenoid valves and low voltage control circuits.
8. Trouble shoots, repairs or replaces various motion controllers/actuators (e.g. IAI, Yasakawa)
9. Operates various tools and equipment to maintain, clean, prep, lubricate, handle, manipulate, and move machinery, equipment, salvage, and facilities.
10. Performs tooling changes and setups to support production requirements.
11. Performs preventative / predictive maintenance, and supports production set-ups.
12. Bends, cuts, threads, glues pipe, and cuts openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes; seals pipe joints with sealing compound,
13. Operates cutting torch and welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
14. Prepares and maintains accurate records.
15. Directs, guides, assists, and/or trains others to promote manufacturing flexibility.
16. Reports and corrects safety issues relating to equipment.
17. Assist other personnel as needed.
18. Observes safety and security procedures.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.