Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a heavy equipment operator to support CMC Recycling West Dallas, Texas. As part of the CMC team, the operator oversees the process of separating various scrap materials using heavy machine. This is an hourly position with a work schedule. Saturday’s and overtime can be expected to accommodate business needs.
CMC offers training and development opportunities for employees to acquire and enhance new skills and knowledge. Advancement opportunities are also available for those who have the desire for professional growth. CMC's competitive compensation package includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, company matching 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Prepares front end loader by conducting operator inspections; performing preventive maintenance checks.
- Prepares work by studying and clarifying instructions; gathering supplies.
- Safely loads scrap onto trucks or rail cars as assigned.
- Sorts scrap and transfers to correct material stack.
- Provides housekeeping on yard by consolidating piles of scrap.
- Accomplishes work by operating equipment; observing varying conditions; adjusting equipment controls.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps heavy equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; calling for repairs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Any other task as assigned by the ferrous yard supervisor.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Detail oriented
- Effective communication skills
- Solid, safety record and stable work history
- Works well with others
- 1-2 years’ experience in recycling environment or manufacturing environment
- Heavy equipment experience
High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required