WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We've successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking an Equipment Operator/ CDL Driver to join our growing team!
To be able to work and be on-call as needed for NRC 24-hours, 7 days per week on emergency response, land service and maritime contracts or projects. The EO/Driveris responsible to operate and drive equipment including operating one or more of the following equipment types: Wet Vac Straight Truck, Dump truck, Tank Truck, Straight Truck; 48' and 53' box trailers; Steam Truck Straight Truck; Maintenance Truck; Tanker trailer and includes driving equipment to and from worksites, performing Pre / Post Trip inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Operate and drive equipment including operating and driving equipment to and from work sites.
- In support of Field Services - Operate one or more of the following equipment types: Tractor Trailer Wet Vac; Tractor Trailer Box Truck; Tractor Trailer Tank Truck; Vacuum Truck; Pressure Truck; Combo Unit (Vac / Steamer); Hydro Vac.
- Perform Pre / Post Trip inspections and be responsible for safe operation and maintenance of equipment
- Log driving information as required.
- Communicate with dispatchers and/or Operations Managers
- Transport hazardous goods
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of NRC business.
- Mechanical ability; Knowledge of equipment and heavy vehicle operation, maintenance, and repair; Knowledge of data logging.
- Experience in Heavy equipment and vehicle operation, maintenance, and repair a plus
- Maintain the appropriate clean license and compliance with Department of Transportation.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills) and 2-5 years of experience performing directly related work (fire fighting, emergency response, general construction, industrial cleaning). Qualified employees must possess or be able to obtain 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, plus current 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher certificate if applicable. Must have a valid Class "A" License with Hazmat Endorsement; a clear DMV Record and demonstrate level B competence with both SCBA and air-line respirators. Must be willing to get or have completion of applicable training to operate assigned equipment which may include large centrifugal pumps, pressure washers (all types, including hydroblasters), Bobcats (small equipment) Backhoes, front end loaders, Trackhoes, scissor lifts, man lifts, vacuum trucks and super suckers. Training in hazardous materials management and compliance, or equivalent topics. Completion of applicable trade or craft training or apprenticeship programs preferred.
Must be, or able to obtain Confined Space Qualified and have CPR/First Aid Training.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOEFemales/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities