Equipment Operator - (Hammond, Indiana, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The incumbent for this position will assist in the day to day operation of the Hammond Distribution Center. This includes the unloading and loading of rail cars, loading trucks and operating a variety of equipment. This position is also responsible for light maintenance throughout the facility. The incumbent will follow Nutrien safety, health and environmental policies to ensure all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner.
What you will do:
- Adhere to standard operating and safety procedures
- Unload rail cars by opening and closing gates
- Load rail cars by opening and closing hatches
- Operate heavy equipment including front end loader, bobcat and forklift
- Control conveying and other product handling equipment using automated PLC systems
- Identify and resolve problems related to the operation of the facility
- Maintain the Facilities Assets: Conveyors, Buildings, Equipment, and Grounds
- Perform inspections of rail cars
- Perform inspections of the Hammond rail yard
- Perform inspections of Hammond warehouse and all loading and unloading equipment
- Ensure that the appearance of the Facility is up to Nutrien standards
- Abide by the Code of Business when dealing with fellow employees and customers
What you will bring:
- 1-3 years of mechanical experience and 3- 5 years of experience in operating bulk handling equipment, and or rail car equipment
Any electrical training or PLC experience will be an asset
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran