Responsible for operating a variety of solid waste vehicles to collect and transport solid waste and recycling materials to the transfer station and/or landfill for disposal on a daily basis. Primarily responsible for operating a long truck in the Brush Division (Class A Required). Also, responsible for the efficient operation and care of assigned equipment.
Target Hiring Range: $15.03/hr - $18.14/hr
Essential Job Functions
Minimum Education & Work ExperienceLevel of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency 6 months related experience Class A Commercial Driver’s License Ability to lift 50 pounds or more several times daily Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- 1-3 years experience operating equipment related to solid waste
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of safety standard practices governing the operation of vehicles
- General knowledge of relevant traffic laws
- General knowledge of the principles, operation and servicing of trucks and related automotive equipment
- Skill to operate controls for required equipment
- Ability to properly use, operate and care for tools, equipment and materials
- Ability to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment
- Ability to read and understand vehicle operator’s manual
- Ability to read and use city maps and documentation