Responsible for performing semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the maintenance and repair of streets and alleys.
1. Operate 12 yard dump truck.
2. Identify equipment needs for each assigned project. Transport all equipment and materials between job sites.
3. Maintain street and alley pavement by:
- level lifting distressed areas utilizing polyurethane injection equipment
- patching distressed areas with hot and cold asphalt material
- sealing joints and cracks by applying a hot tar sealant
4. Address citizen concerns on the job site.
5. Inspect the overall safety of various job projects. Maintain safe and efficient operation of heavy equipment.
6. Attend safety meetings on a monthly basis.
7. Ensure all safety equipment is being utilized on a daily basis.
8. Inspect and maintain assigned equipment. Perform pre-trip/post-trip vehicle inspections and complete daily work sheet for equipment operated.
9. Keep work location and vehicle(s) in order.
10. Operate light equipment required in the upkeep and operation of the areas of responsibility.
11. May operate heavy equipment in clearing of streets and/or alleys during foul weather incidents.
12. Operate/train on specialized pieces of heavy equipment in the absence of Heavy Equipment Operator.
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
6 months experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
1+ years related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance requirements of power-driven equipment
- Knowledge of basic safe work practices
- Knowledge in care, operation and maintenance of various power tools and equipment
- Skill in operating light and heavy equipment
- Skill in general maintenance and repair
- Skill in effective oral and written communication
- Ability to operate a variety of power-driven equipment
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
Valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a Tanker Endorsement or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
The incumbent works in an outside environment; frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more several times daily.