Colonna's Shipyard Inc., is looking to obtain an experienced Equipment Operator within our Maintenance Shop.
This is a full-time position working first shift with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, safely and efficiently.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to Supervisor, or Maintenance Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of supervisor as for daily tasks and expectations for each specific project.
- Perform servicing and maintenance of equipment, when not operating work within a maintenance shop environment as a mechanic.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Able to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Willing and able to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL A or B with proper endorsements i.e. hazmat, a plus but not required.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Thorough knowledge with the following:
- operating heavy equipment;
- materials, methods, and tools involved in construction;
- trenching and shoring standards;
- hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Able to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance• 401K, company match• Paid Time Off (PTO)• Legal Services• Annual performance evaluations • On-site Human Resources• On-site gym• Free and close proximity parking• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard Inc. and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VETRespect Pride Truth Family
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry