Job ID: 176779
Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH company has grown from four small, family local companies, to one, strong and leveraged leading supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving and construction services throughout the state of Minnesota and surrounding areas. With operations going back to 1861, we boast a remarkably long history of success in the Minnesota aggregate and asphalt industry.
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a variety of equipment for groundwork and construction purposes. The Equipment Operator position requires the knowledgeable use and skills of the following equipment: paver, screed, roller, skid loader, and various other types of equipment.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, safely and efficiently.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT Medical Card
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge in operating heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.