Kuusakoski is actively hiring for a full time Equipment Operator to support our recycling facility in Plainfield, IL. This is a first shift position, working from 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with mandatory overtime (usually 10-12 hours during busy weeks). We are busy and expanding!
At Kuusakoski, we share a common goal; to use our entrepreneurial spirit and 100 years' plus global experience to deliver great solutions to the challenges and responsible and effective recycling of e-waste. If that sounds good to you, this might be a great opportunity to join our team!
What you will do:
The Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operating of a Forklift, Bobcat, and/or Loader to move, locate, relocate, stack, count, unload, load, and sort materials. The Operator may be required to perform duties in multiple areas of the production floor including, storage, staging, and/or shipping and receiving. Each piece of equipment can only be operated after the successful completion of proper operation and safety training.
This is a cross functional role and you will be trained in other areas of the recycling process.
What you will do:
- Document material through data entry and taking photos.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move material to storage locations. Stack and store the product in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage; report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare materials for shipment, ensuring that the number and type of material is loaded and shipped.
- Move product from staging or storage areas into trailers.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
- Safely transport pallet loads across the plant.
- Stack and store materials in appropriate areas.
- Maintain the plant equipment, materials, and work areas.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following policies and procedures.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical inventories.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Other duties as assigned, including general housekeeping.
What you need to succeed:
- Must be able to lift/move up to 40 pounds, climb stairs, and work in sometimes tight spaces around machinery.
- Sense of urgency.
- Forklift experience.
- Safety minded.
- Ability to build rapport with coworkers.
- Must have proven track record of reliability.
Benefits after 60 days:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K w/Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
We invite you to apply today! KUUSAKOSKI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Kuusakoski Recycling provides cost-effective, environmentally responsible recycling services to e-waste collectors and recyclers, enterprises, small businesses, nonprofits, original equipment manufacturers, and governments and municipalities. We have built our recycling expertise over a hundred years. Our excellent material know-how, specialist expertise and passion for what we do help us develop more efficient and more precise ways of sorting materials. We have minimized the amount of waste going to landfill: we are currently able to recycle or reuse up to 90% of the materials we collect and in some cases even more. Visit us at https://kuusakoski.us/ to learn more.