Job ID: 199240
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout CRH. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient diagnose, adjust, repair plant equipment including, stone crushers, screens, conveyors, etc. Operate one or several types of equipment including the operation of an off road heavy duty truck, water truck, quarry truck and stock truck. Will also provide help in other areas of the aggregate production facility and other duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy plant components using hoists and hand tools.
Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
Learn and follow safety regulations
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, changing filters, taking oil samples, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual. Ensure compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Abide by Dolomite established Guiding Principles: Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development, and Commitment.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using trucks, crawler tractors, power cranes, shovels, graders, or related equipment.
- Regular and timely attendance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Welding, torching, mechanically inclined, previous mining experience preferred
- A CDL is a plus
- Understanding of leadership skills and strong communication skills a plus
- Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Be able to interact with vendors, plant employees, and different levels of management
- Maintain current driver’s license
- Hours are extended throughout the year to include nights and weekends when necessary
- Travel may be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to drive 40, 50, or 60 ton truck, an articulated stock truck or water truck for extended periods of time. The employee is frequently required to crawl, kneel, bend and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee is required to climb a vertical ladder into the vehicle. The employee must occasionally life and/ or move anywhere up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.