TRAX Test Services
Job Title: Equipment Operator – Combat Engineer
(Ammunition Recovery Equipment Operator I) EXTERNAL POSTING
Job Code: 2018:0402-016
Location: Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Business Sector: 077 – Ammunition Recovery
Assists Ammunition Recovery personnel in the recovery of test items, clearance of UXO, and preparation of impacts and test sites operating under the guidance and direction of qualified Ammunition Recovery personnel. Assists during visual and/or instrumented UXO search activities in the field and operates ordnance detection instruments and similar equipment. Assists in the removal of fuse remnants, fragments, and related debris after such items are positively identified, inspected, and verified as safe to handle by an Ammunition Recovery Technician III. Assists with and develops independent skills to operate equipment such as backhoes, excavators, motor graders, wheeled loaders, bulldozers, skid steers with various attachments, large industrial tractors with pan or scrapper attachments used to clear, excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, or other materials to prepare or maintain impact areas and test sites in accordance with local SOPs and test requirements. Assists certified Ammunition Recovery Technicians in the loading, unloading, handling, placement, and transporting of explosives and ammunitions to support test
requirements throughout the ammunition lifecycle at YPG from test preparation to recovery and salvage. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Pay Rate: $23.97/hour
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be a graduate of Basic Combat Engineer Course, U.S. Army Engineer School or other service equivalent.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions and be able to obtain, within 90 days of hire, an Arizona Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with hazardous material and air brake endorsements for the duration of employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain current certifications in: AA&E clearance, Ammunition Group II Certification, OSHA 10hr Construction Safety, 40hr HAZWPR with 8hr annual refresher as well as all OB/OD Permit and other local required certifications and trainings.
• Must have training or experience locating mines by visual means or by using a metal detector.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must possess training and experience operating heavy equipment.
• Must possess training and experience in Ammunition handling.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to work long and varied hours.
• Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
• Must be able to ascend and descend equipment.
• Must be tolerant of frequent weapons systems firings.
• Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
• Must be capable of lifting and transporting 105 lbs. unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
• Must be capable of lifting 115 lbs. waist high unassisted.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Ammunition Recovery.
• Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Previous experience participating in crews conducting range clearance, recovery, and demolition operations.
• Graduate of Sapper Leader Course, Engineer Explosive Ordnance Clearance Agent Course, or equivalent.
• Previous experience performing minefield marking and the operation of mine scattering systems.
• Previous experience handling, transporting, storing, accounting for AA&E.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
**Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Closing Date: Opened until filled.
Other Job Information:
• TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
• TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory preemployment
drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• TRAX Test Services also encompasses three subcontracts to include: VETS, WESTECH, and SPIRAL. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the three subcontracts.
Opened on Web: May 29, 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please visit the TRAX Test Services website www.traxintl.com and submit your online application.