Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Maintain and Increase the quality of vehicle performance and reduce maintenance costs, Improve Miles per gallon and safety through product testing, data collection, data analysis and recall campaign completion
- Perform product testing on vehicle accessories, parts, and aerodynamic devices that may improvement fuel economy using SAE testing standards.
- Collect driver feedback regarding products being tested, compile driver feedback.
- Collect information regarding product issues and failures, safety related issues and emerging issues, from our On Road and training group. Perform Failure analysis on these issues, find the root cause, and solutions for the issue.
- Create continuous improvement plans, training materials and SOP's to overcome issues and obstacles related to truck maintenance and to correct equipment failures based on the analysis of prior failures.
- Collect and maintain data as it relates to Fuel economy for all makes and model trucks.
- Maintain open Communication with all PDI centers and assist in the remediation of emerging issues with New trucks and Quality issues with production.
- Mentor shop technicians in the repair and diagnosis of unusual issues with trucks in order to ensure work is performed correctly and warranty dollars can be claimed.
- Initiate all Other Work Needed campaigns on our equipment to include OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) recalls, good will campaigns and service programs.
- Communicate to shops when they are not completing campaigns correctly and let them know how they need to do it correctly.
- Install and monitor after market and OE products that need to be tested to ensure the components meet Swifts requirements before a supplier or a truck spec change happens. Install and monitor potential products to reduce or eliminate truck idling.
- Compile reports of the completion of the service programs and qualify each completed campaign to ensure it is completed and if it is not completed reinstate it on the truck.
- Help IT department with Software issues that are required to repair and maintain the equipment.
- Provide technical support to all Swift locations as needed.
- Skills: Basic computer key boarding, basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Proven Initiative and able to lead, effective communication skills; self starter and needs little or no motivation or direct supervision, ability to plan and organize projects and data.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience Required: Five years in heavy equipment repair. Experience in Electrical, AC and mechanical truck systems.
Basic computer key boarding, basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Proven Initiative and able to lead, effective communication skills; self starter and needs little or no motivation or direct supervision, ability to plan and organize projects and data.
High School Diploma or GED
Five years in heavy equipment repair. Experience in Electrical, AC and mechanical truck systems.