Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental and veterinary supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
The Equipment Sales Advisor has the primary responsibility to maintain dental product knowledge to benefit the Sales department and our customers. The Equipment Sales Advisor will work closely with other sales professionals to identify, qualify, and close equipment sales. The Equipment Sales Advisor will also provide consultation to the service department.
The position is Part Time and does not receive commissions.
- Recommends product opportunities based on clinical and working knowledge of features and benefits of dental products used in a dental practice
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules events such as technical demonstrations and co-travels.
- Prepares and presents product information for external and internal customers
- Assists sales personnel in understanding our product offerings and costs
- Provides post sale support to customers.
- Trains team members in the sales and service departments
What background and experience is needed as an Equipment Specialist Advisor?
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field and 3 to 5 years' of business to business outside sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- A strong initiative with exceptional customer service, planning and organization skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate are required.
- Previous success attaining and exceeding sales goals is a plus.
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required.
- You must also possess a valid driver's license.
- 3+ years of dental industry or as an Equipment Sales Specialist experience preferred.
If this sounds like the challenging and rewarding career you are looking for, please submit your application for the Equipment Sales Advisor opening today!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.