Operationally leads a team/shift/process to provide positive patient outcomes as it relates to having equipment in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantity and cleaned per the standards. Delegates duties to staff and holds the team accountable for their performance. Ensures all procedures are followed for answering service requests, cleaning equipments, moving between floors for accessibility, and performing ad-oc duties as assigned/requested. Provides operational support to leadership in the form of tactical activities and near-term shift/department initiatives. Accounts for the clean audits, maintains Joint Commision standards, assists in rounds, provides first-repsonse to customer service issues and escalates in a timely fashion. Coordinates scheduling and activities of the patient service support associates.
1. Participates in the management of people resources; ensuring all areas are properly staffed.
2. Collaborates with the Logistics Manager, Equipment Services in the recruitment of staff to fill vacancies
3. Handles personnel problems and advises management on possible disciplinary actions
4. Ensures completion of assignments by daily monitoring reports and meeting with users/clients.
5. Develops, coordinates, and provides unit orientation and training to new employees.
6. Identifies and addresses continuing education/training needs of staff.
7. Ensures completion of assignments by daily monitoring reports and meeting with users/clients. Actively supports organizational change initiatives.
8. Recommends action to the Manager to improve operations. Helps to develop and implement the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Process.
9. Participates in ongoing professional development and contributes via feedback to the Logistics Manager, EquipmentServices to the performance evaluation of each team member.
10. Maintains standards of production and service ensuring quality outcomes to patients, hospital staff and visitors.
11. Responds to complaints in a timely manner and by priority. Provides a timely communication link between staff and leadership (and vice versa)
12. Serves as resource person, expert staff member and role model. Is self-directed and able to prioritize work
13. Facilitates, promotes, and models LurieChildren’s leadership philosophy.
14. Performs the tasks of the Associates during shifts when needed.
15. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
2. Minimum 3 years of related experience. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
3. Basic typing and Microsoft Office skills.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in the area of responsibility, excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to lead teams.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Ability to serve as a coach, provide consistent follow-through, resolve problems, makes good judgment.
7. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients in regard to their growth and development process.