|Reference # :||20-07622||Title :||Equipment Technician I|
|Location :||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||07/21/2020 / 12/31/2020|
|Job Title: Automation Equipment Technician|
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Duration: 06 Months
Schedule: Grave Shift M-F 11PM - 7AM
Interviews: 1st round phone, 2nd round in person
PPE: Not needed
Top needs: Technical experience in repairing and maintaining automation equipment
The purpose of this position is:
To restore, repair or otherwise generate an action, which will result in the function of each piece of Automation equipment to the level it was designed and/or intended to operate.
Ensure machinery is operating safely and efficiently through proper maintenance, inspection and repair procedures.
Other duties may include but are not limited to maintenance of a library, ordering parts and supplies and fabrication of parts.
Proper maintenance and cleaning of shop and other work areas. May also include other specific assigned duties.
This position includes significant duties such as:
1. Repair and maintenance of automation equipment related to Injection molding and production
2. Correctly and efficiently troubleshooting and diagnosing faults on assigned automation equipment
3. Fabrication of repair parts or components using mills, lathes and other common machining tools
4. Acquisition of required hand tools
5. Replace and/or reinstallation of all safety devices
6. Cleaning of work and shop area's
7. Writing and sending a daily e-mail report
8. Proficiency with parts program, Library and the other common functions of the Automation department.
9. Organization of time to complete assigned tasks
10. Assumption and proper completion of additional duties.
Some exposure to high voltage, with appropriate safety precautions in place. Lifts, pushes, pulls or moves equipment and machinery up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 60 pounds occasionally. Exposure to some fumes and constant noise in manufacturing areas. Safety glasses are required on the manufacturing floor and other designated areas. Adherence to plant safety and PPE requirements.
High School Diploma or GED required
3 – 6 months experience in mechanical area; experience with basic tools preferred.