Providence is calling an Equipment Technician (Per Diem, Variable Shift) to work in Service Operations Logistic Sppt at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
The Equipment Technician works under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of the Service Operations and Logistics Center. The Equipment Technician is expected to work individually and as part of a team. The Equipment Technician performs a variety of cleaning, stocking and movement for a variety of minor medical care items throughout the medical center. The Equipment Technician is responsible for processing and inspecting medical equipment including disassembling and reassembling and managing associated accessories in order to clean, sanitize and refurbish the areas of assigned responsibility. The Equipment Technician is responsible for the entry of data associated with these tasks. The assigned duties require extreme attention to detail, a strong ability to follow procedures, plus an ability to work with a range of supplies and people under sometimes stressful circumstances. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values of the Sisters of Providence.
In this position you will:
- Meet the minimum departmental productive standards.
- Use appropriate PPE precautions.
- Need to have the ability to track and Log detailed job information appropriately and accurately.
- Maintain storage areas to meet designated standards.
- Maintain Department Records.
- Demonstrate proper inventory handling techniques.
- Effectively clean and maintain patient care equipment and related patient support items.