Provide technical and project management support services for The Department of the Navy’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Business Intelligence systems. The SAP ERP Modules-Functional SME, Senior, is a Key position working with a team who perform application analysis to support Navy ERP business processes and provide technical support for financial operations within the system.
This support includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain module local master data and submit HEAT tickets to change enterprise master data as required.
- Identify module defects and transactional data errors, submit defect HEAT tickets, and manage HEAT queues for respective module, escalate defect priority in accordance with Navy ERP business rules, and recommend corrective actions when queues are backlogged.
- Identify and recommend software module changes to enhance Navy ERP capability. Prepare Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRs) to document capability enhancements and support new functionality implementation efforts.
- Support development of test plans for Navy ERP production releases, including updating which defects will be tested or validated, participate in testing, document test results, and oversee test execution during scheduled testing windows.
- Analyze and recommend business process changes that improve SPAWAR utilization of Navy ERP modules.
- Provide knowledge transfer and conduct formal courses of instruction on Navy ERP module capabilities to operations personnel as needed.
- Participate in Navy ERP related working groups and develop a variety of Navy ERP documentation to include desk guides, briefing materials, white papers, operating guides and user instructions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
General Experience: Ten (10) years of experience translating business requirements into ERP solutions. Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, along with project management experience.
Specialized Experience: Technical understanding of Business Intelligence systems along with strong functional knowledge of SAP modules in Navy ERP.
Must be clearable to Secret level.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. Military, numerous U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, and Commercial Clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco''s people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).