As part of a Business-led ERP transformation, T. Marzetti is seeking an experienced ERP Test and QA Lead. The ERP Test and QA Lead will be accountable for managing all test events as part of the ERP transformation in coordination with a Systems Integration partner team (which will consist of a Test Lead and test resources). The ERP Test and QA Lead will work with the T. Marzetti IT QA Lead to define the organizational standards, select appropriate tools/frameworks, and define the overall T. Marzetti standard test methodology. The ERP Test and QA Lead will be responsible to enforce those standards during test execution as part of the ERP project. This role will involve coordination, governance and direct responsibility over: unit testing, integration testing, mock migration testing, performance testing, security and controls testing, high availability / disaster recovery testing, and user acceptance testing (UAT) for an integrated ERP solution with SAP S/4 Hana Single Tenant Edition (STE) at the core.
The ERP Test and QA Lead will be responsible for defining the current maturity of testing and DevOps at T. Marzetti and developing a plan, in alignment with the ERP transformation, to modernize test and QA practices across the organization. The lead will identify and pursue opportunities to increase test and QA efficiency, particularly in test automation and metrics / reporting.
- Work collaboratively with various parties, including business and IT representatives, to guide the ERP project test events. Leverage prior experience with full-lifecycle SAP implementations to identify and mitigate risks to on-time, on-budget delivery of the project.
- Seek opportunities to develop a plan that shifts integrated testing and test automation development to the left in the ERP transformation program timeline while balancing cost / risk.
- Overseas test and QA efforts and effectively communicate issues, decisions reached, and/or the status of testing.
- Integrate with Business Process Leads and IT Solution owners to identify end to end scenarios based on the T. Marzetti Business Capability Model, both happy path and non-happy path, to maximize coverage of the integrated solution.
- Develop an ERP test suite that can be reused post implementation in Sustainment to support future upgrades in a timely, efficient, and cost effective manner.
- Plan, monitor and control the quality aspects of the solution through robust test management and metrics that allow ERP leadership to understand progress versus plan, test coverage, and overall risk.
- Plan, managed and participate in system unit test, integration test, user acceptance testing, and other formal and information test activities to test both happy path and non-happy path test scenarios.
- Organize end to end scenarios for test cycle simulations, which will include the interfaces to and from legacy systems.
- Conduct formal reviews of systems integrator deliverables.
- Maintain close collaboration and relationships with the business, the systems integration partner, and the enterprise IT team.
- Define, embrace and comply with solution governance and methodology.
- 6-9 Years of Test Leadership expertise that includes large scale, SAP ERP implementations
- Experience with test strategy definition and execution
- Strong understanding of Shift Left test principles, Test Automation best practices, and DevOps in an integrated, ERP environment
- Food and Beverage industry experience a plus
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong analytical and interpersonal/communication skills required
- Demonstrated expertise in test strategy definition and execution
- Ability to take complex situations and simplify to aid in change management communication
- Ability to look at alternatives and assess cost/benefit relationships
- Ability to be open to change; strong listening skills
- Ability to take a long-term perspective, yet understand the “devil in the details”
- Ability to lead team discussions, solicit input and facilitate decisions in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and organize effectively to meet users' expectations while working as part of a larger team
- Great organization and time management skills with the desire to complete projects on time
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Total Work Systems
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly
- Conflict Management
Works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Extended travel to plants for fit workshops, integration and deployment execution is required.