Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to unleash your purpose and potential?
Come join our dynamic social service enterprise as we help over 200,000 individuals across the Chicagoland area.
Position Title:ERSEA Specialist
Company:YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
Salary:Commensurate upon experience
Classification: Full Time; Exempt
Reports to:Family Services Manager
Location:Patterson McDaniel Family Center in Addison, IL at 2055 W. Army Trail Rd
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is the oldest and largest women�s organization in the region, with a mission to eliminate racism and empower women. To learn more about the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago, please visit our website athttps://ywcachicago.org.
Position Purpose:The ERSEA Specialist participates in the implementation, planning, and development of the Enrollment, Recruitment, Selection, Eligibility and Attendance (ERSEA) Content Area. This person will assist in the determination of eligibility, recruitment of eligible families, and training of staff and parents.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of EHS and CCAP policies and procedures, changes and federal and state regulations.
- Conducts training on eligibility and provides technical assistance regarding ERSEA topics to staff, families, and community in large and small group settings or individually as needed.
- Maintains database to monitor and enter income and eligibility information.
- Manages eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance requirements to ensure the program is meeting the needs of eligible families.
- Monitors that sites maintain funded enrollment levels, creates a waiting list, and assists to fill vacancies as needed at the individual sites and analyze enrollment data to inform the planning process.
- Analyzes community assessment information and facilitates planning efforts to determine design options, recruitment priorities and enrollment guidelines for Head Start.
- Provides input and solutions to develop and/or revise the agency�s ERSEA systems and agency policies and procedures.
- AA Degree, Education, ECE, Social Work or closely related field from an accredited institution. Bachelors preferred.
- Experience determining eligibility, providing case management, and conducting enrollment and recruitment in social service programs, and working with low-income, culturally and linguistically diverse families.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, internet, email.
- Data processing methods, information storage, Head Start Performance Standards, and information retrieval techniques required.
- Ability to pass a health examination and a criminal background check
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments simultaneously as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to travel
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Benefits Portfolio: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending (FSA), Transit, HSA, Short & Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, etc.
YWCA Metropolitan Chicago is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. YWCA Metropolitan Chicago will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
***This job description is not intended to represent a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.***