Escrow Closing Assistant - (17001255)
Escrow Closing Assistant
Summary of Position:
The Escrow Closing Assistant provides support to Escrow Officers in the preparation of all documents associated with the processing and closing of escrow, conveyance of title, recording of documents, clearing of title requirements and issuance of title insurance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters and indexes new escrow orders setting up files for future processing; inputs data and prints reports.
- Obtains authorizations, documents and other preliminary, supplemental or additional information; arranges and maintains files and correspondence for use by Escrow Officer.
- Checks preliminary title reports for typos, omissions, and discrepancies.
- Maintains logs and records such as receipt of required documents.
- Initiates follow up as directed by Escrow Officer or others to request documents necessary for completion of transaction.
- Interacts with lenders and facilitates for lender requirements for loan funding.
- Responsible for printing of disbursement checks.
- Responsible for all correspondence issued at close of escrow.
- Assists customers, loan agents, real estate agents, principals and others by answering inquiries related to the processing of orders, and providing information; serves as receptionist as needed.
- Composes and types letters ordering beneficiary demands or statements or deeds of trust.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma with some college preferred.
- 2+ years of specific experience in the title industry and Title Insurance Escrow Closing.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Windows.
- Prior experience with SoftPro Select preferred but not required.
- Must be familiar with current Texas Title Insurance rules and regulations promulgated by the Texas Department of Insurance.
Candidates should be a commissioned Notary Public or eligible to receive a commission Notary Public and Ability to multi-task while maintaining an upbeat and professional demeanor, to work in a fast paced environment, must be flexible and dependable.
Thisis primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Escrow Closing Assistant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
North American Title Company offers excellent benefits along with a competitive salary. Our benefits packages include: Medical, Dental 401K, holidays, and more.
Primary Location: Texas-AUSTIN
NAT - Austin TX (664)
5608 Parkcrest Drive Suite 150