At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: In divisions without Escrows: Coordinates closing with buyers, construction, attorneys, sales and mortgagee. In divisions with Escrows: Tracks and manages escrows from ratified contract through close.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- May be responsible for audit all new contracts and setting up individual house files.
- May be responsible for communicating contract changes to management, construction, etc.
- May be responsible for preparing deal sheets and getting required approvals before promoting new contracts.
- May prepare Escrow/Closings documents, including Pre-audit escrow files; may check/approve/copy/disburse addenda.
- May advise buyer of responsibility to provide certain documents at Escrow/Closing.
- May coordinate with Construction on readiness of home for closing.
- May process option prices and verify options on addendums and files.
- May assist Title Company and approve and file Preliminary Title Report; may assist lenders with documentation and send out packages to lenders; and assist Mortgage to obtain loan conditions.
- May audit post-close and distribute Escrow/Closing documents; may input escrow/closings data into database(s) weekly.
- May process enrollment forms on all files and monthly reports for UHIC.
- May liaise between management, buyers and departments to resolve buyer issues prior to walk through and Escrow/Closing.
- May coordinate and schedule buyer walk-throughs and may maintain Buyers 2-10 Warranty program.
- May produce “canned” periodic reports from department systems and spreadsheets.
- Maintain communication with all entities concerned to assure a smooth closing.
- May represent Company at closings with outside attorneys.
- May perform general administrative duties including preparing and following up on correspondence, requests, schedules and reports; legal documents; confidentiality agreements; expense reports; meeting minutes; memos and other similar documents; processing mail and circulating industry information as received.
- May copy, collate and/or file documents; may organize and maintain sales/marketing policy, procedures & other manual(s).
- May answer, screen and direct telephone calls to Department members.
- May maintain fax, copier and printer and order respective supplies and maintenance; may act as back up for Receptionist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Senior position generally has more experience and has greater responsibilities. Senior resolves more difficult issues between Department/home buyers/other departments. Senior may assist other Coordinator(s). Senior may troubleshoot systems issues. Senior may develop/generate “ad-hoc” reports from systems to support Department.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Real estate or equivalent courses required. At least 2 years sales or mortgage experience. Two years of Title or Escrow experience or an equivalent combination.
Skills & Abilities
- Computer skills required in both word processing and spreadsheet programs. (Preferably Word and Excel.)
- Ability to be firm but congenial in guiding buyers through the closing process. Good interpersonal skills.
- Typical office environment.