Small title insurance company is growing with big clients! We are a fun, casual group. We need a licensed Escrow Officer because our current Escrow Officer is moving out of state. We are sad!! We do not require that you generate new leads, bring a book of business, or build one. If you do happen to have a book of business to bring with you, we will compensate with a bigger salary. We are looking for someone who enjoys qualifying the applications we bring in from our banking clients. We also offer the opportunity to work from home at times. Salary is $50K or more depending on your experience. Locations is Orem, Sandy, and West Valley.
- Responsible for being our closing agent and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures:
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds
- Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions
- Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title
- Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- MUST BE LICENSED
- 2+ years escrow experience to include escrow knowledge from processing closings or loans in a closer or assistant capacity
- Must have general knowledge of HUD (and balance), document preparation, file disbursement, post closing and customer service
- Must be able to identify and effectively present closing documents to customers (i.e. HUD-1, Deed, Mortgage, Note, TIL, affidavits, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Clearing title by ordering payoffs and resolving title defects
- Reviewing documents with parties, explaining policies and procedures, answering questions, reviewing documents for completeness and accuracy
- Comply with regulatory requirements and company policies
Thank you for considering this opportunity!