PenFed Credit Union is hiring an Escrow Officer in Plano, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to serve as an escrow officer for all refinance and resale transactions. This position will provide support to Members Title, LLC staff and credit union members and vendors to clear titles on all transaction closing through Members Title, LLC.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Review closing package documentation to ensure all documents and information has been accurately executed and received for timely disbursement, in coordination with the settlement agent.
- Process all signed documentation to ensure timely recording of all recordable documents, and package is sent back to lender/Credit Union for processing.
- Ensure all funds are received and files are balanced. Disburse all payoffs, recording checks, and fee checks to ensure fully disbursed file on each case.
- Review requirements and develop procedures for disbursement of all file.
- Ensure all requirements for closing are met in order to maintain marketability.
- Filing, scanning and other administrative task as needed.
- Required to accommodate rotating work schedule.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience that provide necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Title Experience require, knowledge of settlement statement and processing
- Strong knowledge of post closing files for transactions in assigned locations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel applications and settlement software
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive deadlines required.
This position will not directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
Escrow agent license for the assigned area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.