2020-21 School Year
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED TO BECOME A CANDIDATE
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT TO YOUR APPLICATION
Assist the Program Director in the implementation of the instructionalprogram at the campus level.
Salary will be based on minimum for pay grade plus years of related experience.
Two years of study at an institution of higher learning
An associates (or higher) degree or
Meet the rigorous standard of quality required by the district
Working knowledge of developmentally appropriate and culturally sensitive curriculum for ages 5 to 12.
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Work effectively and harmoniously with students, parents and school personnel
Follow written and/or oral directions and to exercise good judgment
Work well with children and effectively manage large and small groups
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals; copy machine
Posture: Prolonged standing; moderate walking; occasional sitting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Some repetitive hand motions including keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (up to 40 pounds)
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Regular attendance is an essential function
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create lesson plans focused specifically on literacy, increasing grades and test scores in a positive and enriching way.
- Supervise tutors.
- Interact with and supervise children during all indoor and outdoor activities.
- Reinforce acceptable behaviors and redirect unacceptable behaviors.
- Deal with individual problems on an individual basis.
- Cooperate and communicate with the schools regarding schedules, lesson plans, activities, materials, and record keeping.
- Prepare and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Provide emergency care for children as needed.
- Make home visits and parent conferences.
- Work in a cooperative manner with colleagues and provide direction for tutors, volunteers and student assistants.
- Submit reports required by funding source and/or AISD administrative policies to the Program Director.
- Participate in staff meetings, and in-service training.
- Report to work ready to perform responsibilities.
- Perform duties that directly and/or indirectly impact student performance in AISD.
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all AISD matters.
- Support the mission, goals and objectives of the AISD strategic plan.
- Comply with AISD policies.
- Must obtain appropriate certification within specified time lines.
- Any other duties assigned.