Support the full range of small molecule Mass Spectrometry products through professional scientific support of sales activities, instrument demonstration, collaborative work and presentation. Transfer expert knowledge through training and support of existing customers.
The successful candidate will report to and work closely with the Market Manager. The primary area of responsibility is in applications of our LC-MS/MS products, especially the ESI TOF and ESI Trap series of Mass Spectrometers, ideal for use in Pharmaceutical Research and Development. The successful candidate will also be contributing to Small Molecule applications activities across the product ranges which are relevant to Metabolomics, Natural Products, Food / Agro applications. The position is based out of Bruker Daltonics Inc. Billerica, MA, and involves travel within the USA, throughout the Americas, as well as international.
- Perform analyses of samples submitted by prospective customers with a strong focus on small molecules.
- Assist in technical sales support by preparing and conducting demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Author technical documents that highlight new and innovative application results usingBruker’s ESI MS systems.
- Provide pre-sales support through multiple mechanisms such as joint sales visits, and delivering technical presentations at customer sites.
- Assist in the post-installation of new ESI MS systems by providing on-site customer training and application specific method development.
- Develop new applications for the ESI MS product line to be used for posters and presentations at technical conferences and marketing seminars.
- Train new and existing customer and provide professional customer support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ph.D or experienced BS/MS level with several years’ experience with mass spectrometry, HPLC, ESI MS, particularly for small molecule analysis
- Excellent communications skills needed with a wide variety of skill levels with customers and in-house personnel
- Prior management experience of scientists preferred