ESIS - Sr WC Claims Representative (
Job Number:329414 )
The Senior WC Claim Representative, under the direction of the Claims Team Leader, investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably and within established best practices guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Four-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience or additional degrees (ex. MBA)
• High level of technical claims knowledge and competence in Workers' Comp claims, as evidenced by demonstrated claims handling experience at ESIS (preferably 5 years claims handling experience), or within a similar organization.
• Thorough knowledge of Workers' Compensation products, services, and coverages, along with a good understanding of applicable legal principles.
• Knowledge of WC cost containment programs and proven account management skills a must.
• Insurance Designations such as Associate in Claims (AIC), Associate in Risk Mgt (ARM), AICPCU, etc.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement general business and people management practices, as evidenced by successful completion of Management and Technical Programs, completion of a business or legal college level curriculum, or equivalent related practical work experience.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills to be capable of dealing with subordinates, all levels of ESIS personnel, as well as attorneys, producers, and accounts.
• Demonstrated understanding of the team building theory and how it applies to on going and planned activities.
• Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of various programs and procedures and incorporate improvements. Ability to facilitate and lead group(s) of people.
• Demonstrated evaluative thinking with evidence of seeking out and considering multiple sources of data to form conclusions and determine courses of action.
• Evidence of strengthening personal effectiveness by demonstrating confidence, credibility and commitment to established strategies, and values.
• Demonstrated creativity and self motivation in present position and activities through action and involvement in direct claim handling and other related functions.
• Evidence of the ability to intellectually manage activities and resource allocation issues that are driven by such things as timely, high quality service, and longer term payback opportunities related to claims handling processing.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Travel- Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting- Sep 4, 2019, 1:11:00 PM