Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
ESIS, Inc. (ESIS) provides sophisticated risk management services designed to reduce claims frequency and loss costs. ESIS, the Risk Management Services Company of Chubb, provides claims, risk control & loss information systems to Fortune 1000 accounts. ESIS employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine regional centers and 15 major claims offices, as well as local representatives in select jurisdictions. We take our fiduciary responsibilities seriously and are proud to manage over $2.5 billion of customer losses and over 320,000 new claims annually. We specialize in large accounts which have multi-state operations. For information regarding ESIS please visit www.esis.com.
Responsible for managing a team of several ESIS AGL Claim Representatives in the Wilmington office, the supervisor will play a critical leadership role in effectively executing ESIS business strategies and plans in this office. They will also be responsible for working with the Claim Vice President to successfully implement local business plans focusing on claims quality, customer service, staff development and expense management.
- Reviews initial notice of claim, determines extent and validity of coverage, and screens for qualification for flow process. Determines measures to be taken in absence of coverage or questionable cases.
- Assigns work to subordinate Claims Representatives. Determines and delegates settlement authority to Claims Reps, in conjunction with Unit Manager. Retains higher settlement authority beyond scope of subordinates; may directly settle such cases. Refers cases beyond scope of authority to Unit Managers.
- Supervises investigations, and oversees settlement or disposition of claims by assuring prompt contact of insureds and claimants, timely investigation, and equitable settlement.
- Establishes loss reserves to reflect probable Company obligation; and reviews and modifies reserves as necessary.
- May directly settle claims, depending on office size, territory, and workload. Evaluates work of subordinate Claims Reps on open cases, or at periodic intervals. Provides direction and counsel by identifying areas of improvement needed.
- Initiates proceedings for subrogation or recovery. On cases in suit, contacts and directs the activities of Claims Attorney. Negotiates and authorizes settlement.
- Participates in human resources processes affecting subordinates in assigned unit, conducts Performance Evaluations, implements training and development, and is cognizant of EEO/Affirmative Action Plans. Participates in salary administration process. Responsible for recruitment and staffing of unit as vacancies occur.
- High level of technical claims knowledge and competence as evidenced by a minimum of 7 years claims handling experience in General Liability -90%, including New York Labor Law and 10% Auto
- Multiple jurisdictional claims handling experience with the requisite Adjuster Licenses desired
- Ability to plan, organize and implement general business and personnel management practices as evidenced by successful completion of management and technical programs, completion of college level curriculum or equivalent related practical work experience.
- Ability to lead change by addressing points of resistance at the team and/or individual level. The ability to independently evaluate and implement claims management Best practices through coaching, training and mentoring.
- Demonstrates an understanding of team building theory and the techniques of continuous quality improvement and how they apply to ongoing activities.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to coach, develop and lead team members towards successful attainment of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of an organization both internal and external.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent superior service to customers.
- Act as a role model for the unit or office, taking on the work that others avoid and holding self and others accountable for high personal standards.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.