BJC Medical Group is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible Gastroenterologist at Alton Memorial Hospital. BJC Medical Group serves thousands of patients every day across Missouri and Illinois. We are a physician-led group and part of BJC HealthCare, one of the top health care organizations in the country. Join our team today!
Alton Memorial Hospital is a JCAHO-accredited, full-service hospital serving the River Bend area of southwestern Illinois. Licensed for 209 beds, the hospital offers a wide range of quality health care services, including the area's only Cancer Center with True Beam technology, the only open and 3T MRI through Twin Rivers MRI Center, CT services, PET imaging, nuclear medicine and other advanced medical imaging services, as well as physical, speech and occupational therapies. The hospital also operates a 24-hour emergency center and the area's only hospital-based ambulance service. Alton Memorial Hospital is recognized for its heart services, orthopedic surgery, oncology services, women's health services, outpatient surgery and testing, gastroenterology, pain management, pulmonary medicine, rehabilitation and sports medicine. The Hospital provides numerous health education and wellness programs to people in a five-county area.
- Established patient
- Established patient population
- Excellent, on-campus, specialty referrals
- Tenured CRNA support
- HD scopes available onsite
- Epic EMR
Compensation & Benefits:
- Up to $520,000 Depending on Candidate Experience
- Up to $100,000 student loan assistance
- Sign-on bonus
- Quality and efficiency bonus
- CME Allowance
- Retirement vehicles: 401k, 403b, 457b deferred compensation plan
- Pension plan
- Relocation package
- Health, pharmacy, dental, vision, long-term disability, life, AD&D, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
- Residency stipend option
Alton, Illinois offers access to the business, cultural and recreational amenities of a major metropolitan area balanced with all of the benefits small-town living. Altons strategic location (just 25 miles from downtown St. Louis) allows you to enjoy a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities including fishing, canoeing and biking without sacrificing the amenities of a city.
St. Louis offers a host of attractions and activities that include the nationally recognized St. Louis Zoo, Forest Park, The Muny, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Busch Stadium, Scottrade Center, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, The City Museum, St. Louis Art Museum, Peabody Opera house, Fox Theatre, Chaifetz Arena, The Hill, Union Station, and more!
- Fantastic sports culture with both the 2019 Stanley Cup winning Blues and the multi-year World Series winning Cardinals
- Features ample fine-dining, vegan friendly restaurants, gluten free friendly eateries, wineries, and microbreweries
- Low cost-of-living with a healthy and balanced real estate market in a major metropolitan area
- Access to great public and private schools
- Family-friendly communities: safe, inviting, and great for kids
- Direct access to Lambert International Airport via public transportation