Cassaday & Company Inc., a top wealth management firm in the country and Virginia’s #1 financial advisor, is seeking a focused and organized individual to join our Estate Planning team.
At Cassaday & Company Inc. we provide independent investment advisory and financial planning services to over 2,200 households and manage over $3.1 billion in assets. Our firm is on the Barron's list of top 100 advisors in the nation, has been recognized as a top financial advisor in Virginia, and is nationally recognized as a leader in the industry.
This position supports the Estate Planning Department whose mission is to provide Cassaday & Company’s wealth management clients comprehensive estate planning that meets their personal objectives and protects their financial and personal legacy for generation to come. This position works collaboratively with Cassaday and JM Law, PLLC employees to provide high-quality estate planning consultation, document review and design and administration. The Paralegal reports to the Estate Planning Strategist/Attorney.
Initial Client Review Meetings Preparation and Attendance
- Review client information, reports and documents prior to the initial meeting with a client that is provided by the Financial Planning Coordinator. [AFaCaC1] Review prior estate planning documents, identify questions and additional information needed from client during initial meeting and preps the EP Strategist/Attorney for the meeting.
- Step into client meetings with the EP Strategist/Attorney to be introduced and be a part of the “next steps” discussion.
- After initial client meeting, debrief with EP Strategist/Attorney and review handwritten notes/or any additional notes on the EP Design Template made by the EP Strategist/Attorney
- Run the Post EP Meeting Protocol in firm’s CRM
- Write summary email to client and submit to the EP Strategist/Attorney to approve.
- Create EP Plan Flow chart
- Create Plan Funding profile
- Once approved, send Client Summary Email and track any responses from client that will be needed for Drafting Notes and Instructions.
- Handle internal Cassaday staff questions and requests and either answer or draft responses by the EP Strategist/Attorney for approval.
Document Drafting Oversight
- Oversee and manage the client deliverables schedule and ensure EP Strategist/Attorney has all necessary documents that have been reviewed and deemed complete prior to client meetings and calls
- Coordinate with the Legal Assistant the delivery of drafting notes and instructions to Plan Drafter. Complete the Drafting Quality Check List prior to sending to Drafter.
- Answer questions requested by Drafter.
Client Document Signing Meeting Preparation
- Oversee the hand-off of the documents to be sent to the Plan Drafter and work with the Legal Assistant to ensure all documents are prepared in advance of the meeting.
- Review any issues, concerns, or questions with the EP Strategist/Attorney prior to the signing meeting.
- Serve as notary as requested.
- Ensure client documents are scanned, filed, and available to client and Financial Advisor.
- Provide update to Advisor when client work is completed and is available to answer any questions Advisors may have.
- Proactively monitor and oversee the EP Strategist/Attorney’s calendar, workflow and activities.
- Respond to client, financial advisor and team member’s questions about the estate planning process, the status of document development, accessing completed documents and any other questions that arise during and after document development, preparation, completion and execution.
- Ensure the timely and accurate entry of all client data into databases/software systems.
- Ensure client files are maintained in accordance with established standards.
- Draft correspondence for EP Strategist/Attorney’s review and approval.
- Monitor client requests and ensure responses are timely, thorough and accurate.
- Ensure effective, timely and thorough communication with Cassaday and JM Law team members, clients, and other professionals.
- Works to continuously improve one’s skills, knowledge and expertise.
- Client deliverables are accurate, comprehensive and on-time.
- EP Strategist/Attorney is prepped for meetings and/or calls and focused on her highest pay-off activities.
- Client files, documents and data are up to date, stored and secured.
- Client requests (internal and external) are handled quickly, efficiently and thoroughly.
- Clear expectations are set and managed with team members and clients.
- Work quality meets established standards.
- Communicates effectively and ensure all parties are informed and up to speed on all pertinent matters.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with Cassaday and J M Law team members.
- Meets annual performance and professional development goals.
Compensation & Benefits:
We value employee satisfaction, professional development, and workplace excellence. Our firm has been recognized by Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian with Best Places to Work and Great Places to Work Awards.
Our benefits package includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life and short- & long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) options
- Paid time off (including paid holidays)
- Education Assistance
- Dependent Care Assistance
- Much more!
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration.
Real Estate Legal Secretary