This position is responsible for the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning, and the on-going development of curriculum and learning strategies which meet the needs of students and employers.
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Business/Industry/Community Linkages. Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
- Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed by one's Individual Professional Development Plan.
- State licensure as an Esthetician.
- Completion of an esthetician program and Bachelor degree in a health related field or in related and appropriate field. (Based on experience and expertise, an individual with an Associate Degree or equivalent and willingness to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree within specific timeframe may be considered), and
- Minimum of two years of occupational experience as a licensed esthetician of which at least one year shall be in the last five years. Four years of occupational experience preferred. (One year of related occupational experience may be waived with at least two years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years), or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable knowledge may be acquired.
- Understand the role of the esthetician as part of the salon team.
- Current knowledge of skincare and treatments to improve or maintain the health and appearance of the skin as well as equipment and sanitation requirements. Knowledge of the latest trends.
- Knowledge of current licensing requirements and current Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Codes relating to the practice of esthetics.
- Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
- Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
- Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
- Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
- Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
- Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
- Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
- Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
- Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
- A record of innovations which will facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
- An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
- Willingness to take risks and try new things.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
- A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
- Current knowledge in the field of esthetics.
- Ability to teach effectively utilizing a variety of instructional methodologies including classroom, lab and online.
403B and 457 Retirement Plans, Bereavement Leave, Campus Care Clinic, Dental Insurance, Emergency Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Fitness Center at Appleton Main Campus, Flexible Spending Account, Group Legal Benefits, Health Insurance or if applicable Cash Option Plan, Health Savings Account, Long Term Disability Insurance, On-Site Child Care Facility at Appleton Main Campus, Paid Holidays, Pet Health Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Sick Leave, Spousal and Child Life Insurance, Supplemental Employee Life Insurance, Term Life & AD&D Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Vision Insurance, Wellness Program, Wisconsin Retirement System Pension Benefit (plan eligibility requirements apply)
NOTE: This position requires you to submit your transcripts and Wisconsin Esthetician License if you are selected to interview during the first phase of the selection process. (During the recruitment process, unofficial transcripts are acceptable.) You can submit by either mail, email, or fax to:
Attn: Human Resource Services
Fox Valley Technical College
PO Box 2277
Appleton, WI 54912