Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Responsible for ensuring positive and friendly guest relations. Perform all skin care, including facial treatments, body therapies and waxing.
Responsible for ensuring positive and friendly guest relations. Perform all skin care, including facial treatments, body therapies and waxing.
REPORTS TO: Spa Director
Spa Luana and Salon areas.
Job involves working:
- Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- Under variable noise levels.
- Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- Around dust and/or mite hazards.
- Around chemicals.
Internal: Staff in Spa Luana, Housekeeping - Laundry, Housekeeping, Security, Guest Services and Property Operations.
External: Hotel guests/visitors, Spa Luana guests.
Current Hawaii Esthetic License. Fluency in English both verbal and written. Provide legible communication and directions. Take personal responsibility and maintain cleanliness of work areas. Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
2 years of esthetic therapist experience. Trained in Epicuren Discover facial product line. Experienced in Body Treatments. Experienced in Waxing Treatments. CPR trained. Experience with computers, calculators or word processors. Experience in Hospitality Industry in similar position. Previous guest relations training Fluency in a second language, preferably Japanese.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Reach 3 feet.
4. Remain in stationary/up right position for 4-5 hours throughout work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be proficient in all facets of proper skin care i.e., anatomy, physiology, chemistry, masks, cleansing, massage and superfluous hair removal.
- Consult with the guest to analyze skin type and facial treatment required to ensure expectations are met for a pleasurable visit.
- Begin and end treatment on time.
- Cross-trained to perform all services such as body treatments, per licensing.
- Prepare facial and waxing equipment, treatment areas and supplies daily, sterilize all instruments in accordance to the law, and complete all tasks necessary for opening and closing shifts.
- On-time attendance is required and uninterrupted work is required.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas. Maintain knowledge of hours of operation, memberships, reservations, fees, treatments, products and merchandise.
- Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
- Be familiar with all hotel/spa packages, promotions, prices and rates.
- Perform opening procedures.
- Inventory products.
- Greet guests.
- Verify medical releases from guests with applicable medical conditions.
- Conduct appointments according to guest’s comfort and desire.
- Follow massage sequence.
- Follow draping procedures.
- Promote and sell spa merchandise.
- Depart guest.
- Follow dirty linen procedures.
- Handle emergency procedures.
- Close station.
- Check out with Supervisor.
- Serve our guests.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintain cleanliness of treatment room and general spa area. Keep the professional products organized and clean. Attend product knowledge training as required. Attend all departmental team meetings as required. Keep current and up to date knowledge of changing trends and developments in the department. Respond to any special projects requested by the Lead Esthetician, Spa Director, Rooms Director or General Manager. Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other staffmembers or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staffmember occupying this position. Staffmembers will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned to help all team members and contribute to the success of the Resort. This description is intended to indicate the typical kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that are required of positions given this title. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.