Trilogy® at The Vineyards: Club Los Meganos
Set within the spectacular Trilogy community, Club Los Meganos combines striking architecture and interior design with magnificent mountain views and innovative programming. The Club features a full-service Sawa Spa, dining at Abby’s Gourmet Studio, Fitness and Sports Courts and weddings in our surrounding vineyard.
Where: The East Bay area of Brentwood, California
The Esthetician manages the delivery of esthetician services to clients and works to create a healthy, stress-free environment for clients. This position reports to the Assistant Spa & Fitness Director, and works directly with the Spa & Fitness Director.
- Ensure the BlueStar Experience for members and guests by modeling and maintaining the standards set in the BlueStar 10 and adhering to BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) and facility policies.
- Maintain a professional, confidential practitioner-client relationship; understand and use universal precautions and code of ethics when providing services.
- Assess client contraindications that may prevent a service from taking place.
- Remain focused on client care during the session; engage in conversations related to the client’s interests and concerns.
- Practice health care protocol; report any incident or accident to the Assistant Spa & Fitness Director and/or Spa & Fitness Director.
- Perform all treatments on services’ menu, based on current certifications.
- Know all spa services offered and be able to suggest other beneficial spa treatments.
- Create and maintain client cards, services provided, and treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Maintain the highest level of product knowledge and ingredients; be able to explain ingredients and product benefits, and recommend products for home use with a minimum service to sales ratio of 25%.Inform Assistant Spa & Fitness Director of product inventory needs.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work environment; replace linens between appointments.Clean and disinfect all equipment daily and care for linens, according to protocol.
- Work assigned schedule; begin and end all treatments on time; ensure work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and professional trainings, as requested.
- Assist staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events, as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One year previous customer service and esthetician experience preferred.
- Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state and local level.
- Participate in continuing education courses (CEU), if required by the state for license renewal and remain current on techniques.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to explain and promote treatments, services, and products to guests.
- Ability to speak and provide a spa treatment at the same time; willingness to respond to client’s questions or concerns.
- Ability to write client notes, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
- Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by maintaining a positive attitude with team members and the public.
- Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work, solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Must have good time management, organization, and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness is expected.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends, with limited travel required.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
This position works in the patient spa, in a private room, with a client. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see and hear, speak clearly and understand the speech of another person; sit and stand (for an extended period), walk, bend over clients to perform a spa treatment; use hands to fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms; firm hand and arm strength are required. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER