Estimating and Administrative Assistant
Well established, Woburn based general contractor is seeking a full time experienced Estimating and Administrative Assistant. We perform work in both the public and the private sectors. Our projects range from $250,000 to $15,000,000. The qualified candidate will meet regularly with the Project Managers or Estimators to understand the specific needs of each job and determine where assistance is needed. You will be responsible in performing the day to day duties consisting of but not be limited to, obtaining necessary permits for construction, preparing, reviewing and preparing relevant project documents, processing of and follow-up on RFI's, Change Orders. Solicit bids from subcontractors and respond to their project related questions, prepare and track project submittals, managing and conducting other duties necessary for the successful completion of the projects through close out.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with superb accuracy. Strong administrative skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments.
- Ability to review and understand scopes of work for subcontract agreements, assist with construction schedules, manage the RFI's and submittal process, warranty close-out documents, problem solve.
- Contact with subcontractors to ensure compliance with contract documents, proper billing, approval, payment.
- Follow up with phone calls and emails as needed to obtain all required information, on-time, every month.
- Pre-Construction stages, coordinate permit, following up with subcontractors bid proposals, pre-qualification forms, and other required information.
- Prepare Foreman packets for every job and maintain a project binder.
- Check with foreman/superintendent daily on material needs and items necessary to complete the job on time Maintain company sub-contractor database; points of contact, contracts, addendums, forms, insurance certificates, W-9.
- Solicitation of bids/proposals from sub-contractors
- Support the estimating team on bid day or as required
- Maintain bid package docs; scope of work, plans, etc.
- Manage sub-contractor bids, estimates and change orders
- Obtain necessary permits and licenses for projects
- Administrative and clerical tasks as needed
- Previous work experience in a construction company is required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Project
- Must be detail oriented, effective with time management, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service, written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor and a positive attitude
- This is a full-time position and requires at least 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity
If qualified and interested, please email resume and any other related documents.