Job ID: 159417
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a full-time Estimating Assistant at our construction office located in Orlando, FL. The Estimating Assistant provides administrative support to the Estimating department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Internet research bids daily – Onvia, Construction Journal, Bid Sync and Planet Bids.
- Check daily for any addenda’s that we are bidding on all proposals and give to estimators.
- Internet research bids weekly- all city, county and state websites.
- Print all Plans/Specification for projects Estimator Manager wants to bid.
- Prepare bid folders for estimators, put on FTP site, pipeline, send pre-bid info to estimator, project work list, prepare ITB’s, vendor list, send out to vendors, place ad’s in news media for jobs that require good faith efforts (pay for ad), request bid bonds, fill in all documents needed for proposal to be submitted.
- Maintain Vendor List for subs for proposals
- Contract processing. (Review, have estimator initial, have Estimating Manager initial, give to VP for his signature, order Performance/Payment Bond if required, insurance certificate and any of documentation that is required. Once all is obtained send signed contract back with all appropriate documents for final execution form Owner or Prime Contractor.
- Subcontract agreements for subs.
- Prepare sub list for all contracts received, need information from estimator of project.
- Sublets for FDOT.
- Prepare subcontract agreement folders to put in job folders as subs are chosen/needed by Estimator’s or project managers.
- Railroad Insurance Compliance research/requesting for projects needed.
- FDOT 6 month update into pipeline the first week of every month.
- Jobs Complete – keep current as jobs are completed.
- Send weekly: Post Mortem Report for Angie.
- Send weekly: 45 day pipeline projection to various employees per Angie’s request.
- Clean up FTP site when time allows.
- All bid tabulations must be saved on server and uploaded to FTP site per Estimating Manager.
- All Bonds- Bid Bonds/Performance/Payment Bonds for Public, Commercial and Private
- Submit bid questions to Owners- info to come from the estimator bidding the project
- Update pipeline – info to come from estimator weekly
- One to two years’ experience -- or equivalent
- Computer knowledge, specifically Excel and Word for Windows required
- Organizational and excellent communication skills needed
- Must be able to work with all types of people and maintain a consistently pleasant demeanor
- Ability to type accurately and to self-check work is essential
- Attention to detail is a must
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.