Reports to: Estimating Manager
USA Millwork is looking for an ambitious individual to partake in our Estimating Rotational Internship program. This program will allow you the opportunity to rotate through each department (custom building, cabinet making, finishing, machining, etc.) of the shop for the first 18-24 months. You will have quarterly reviews to check in and discuss progress along the way. Following the shop rotation, you will have the opportunity to be moved into the office as an Estimating Coordinator/Estimating Takeoff Technician, with the end goal of becoming an Estimator. This program has proven to be successful in creating successful Estimators by teaching them our business and how the work flows through our shop. It provides the employee with a career path and fixed goals to work towards achieving. This position does not require experience in construction or manufacturing but rather a strong desire to build a career in it!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes 18-24 month rotation through the different departments in manufacturing such as custom building, cabinet making/assembly, machining, finishing, etc.
- Training in reviewing and understanding of architectural drawings and specifications.
- Training in material and labor takeoff.
- Training in Bluebeam, Bid App and CRM.
- Shadow Engineering, Purchasing and Project Management to gain understanding of the process from bid to completion of project.
- Mentored directly by Estimating Manager, Estimating team, and Manufacturing team.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Education and Skills (in addition to the required):
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree
- Experience working in the construction or commercial architectural millwork industry
Required Education and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong desire to develop a career in the Architectural Millwork industry
- Ability to follow instructions and take initiative when necessary
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the MS Office Suite programs
USA Millwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR