Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Estimating Manager to support the Capital Projects Group (CPG) that performs large remediation construction projects for multiple business sectors. This position will supervise proposal estimating, scheduling support, and bid solicitation support for government and commercial opportunities. The position will report to the Estimating Manager for CPG.
Primary duties will be receiving and supervise the request for proposals and performing multiple functions to deliver a cost estimates that comply with internal and external procedures.
Kennesaw, GA; Chantilly, VA; or Knoxville, TN offices preferred; but other offices will be considered
- Receive, review, schedule, assign, and supervise requests for proposals
- Review scope responsibility matrix that defines who is performing the various activities on projects and provide feedback to senior estimator
- Review quantity take-offs and other calculations to arrive at biddable quantities and provide feedback to senior estimators
- Using Excel, RSmeans, Sage Sequel, and/or our in-house proprietary software; perform estimate reviews to arrive at estimate within accuracy requirements for that level of estimate; Work with senior estimators to correct estimate deficiencies
- Using various databases, review crew and production levels to support basis of estimate and convey information to senior estimators
- Continue to develop in house proprietary pricing and reporting software by working with in house programming staff to continue to enhance software capabilities
- Assist and review subcontractor list generation, writing statements of work, solicitations, and bid analysis. Lead BAFO process with subcontracts administrator
- Maintain record of all correspondence and costs associated with estimate
- Assist Scheduling Manager with schedule reviews and logic ties
- Work with Operations and Proposal Manager to generate risk registers, contingency allocations, and tender review documents to support management reviews
- After contract award, work with PM to transition project from opportunity to execution
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related discipline
- 10+ years environmental remediation estimating supervisor experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency with RSmeans, OST, Sage Sequel, and other estimating software
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel on an as needed basis
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.