You will use your high level expertise to help secure work with current and new clients, meeting or exceeding our strategic and financial objectives. You will be given the autonomy to lead and deliver contract proposal estimates, post-award purchase orders and subcontracts on a broad range of construction projects, with a high level of detail and analysis. The Estimator will report directly to the Chief Estimator.
This role is for a well-known, established Chicago firm with offices Downtown and in the suburbs. This business prides itself on quality project delivery with a circa 85% repeat client rate, soaring revenue numbers and staff turnover at a minuscule 1%. They work on jobs from $200,000 high design tenant interiors through 40 story, high end mixed use developments downtown to medical build outs for leading hospitals.
Worth a note, this contractor is a meritocracy, promoting from within, holding a diverse leadership team, large but small family feel, and they pay extremely well. Black and white career development, totally flexible hours and a close mentoring program has created a pleasant, professional, entrepreneurial working environment. Benefits are some of the best in the business and bonuses up to $30k.
- Solicit and maintain strong relationships with current and potential clients
- Prepare and submit proposals, within time-frame and following up until closed
- Facilitate an effective hand-off to the project manager
- Monitor budgets throughout the construction process
- Evaluate and prepare pricing for change orders.
- Update & maintain accurate pipeline reports, track leads, bookings, forecasting, reporting
- Build out a small department of other estimating professionals
- Flexible enough to handle some project management duties
- Ability to lead from the front
- Utilize technology to actualize on effective project and cost delivery
- Qualified in either Construction Management, Architecture or Civil Engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills essential, this is an entrepreneurial environment and an important role
- Will have previously worked, in a general contracting environment within the commercial or residential spaces
- Must have previous exposure in either a project management or superintendent role
- References to be presented before interview
- Ideally some major project exposure
The Estimator can expect:
- Competitive salary & bonus structure commensurate with experience
- Clear development & growth plan
- Mentorship throughout the organization
$100,000.00 - $130,000.00 /year