Excititing opportunity for an Estimator who is looking to grow his/her career.
Our client is a stable and growing Construction Management firm that has been in businesss for 50+ years, with a diverse project portfolio.
- Preparation of clear accurate scopes of work to ensure excellence in contract preparation and de-scoping of various trades
- Compiles scopes of work sheets and unit cost databases for future projects
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or specialty contractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Conducts job cost analysis on projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Identifies available opportunities on which to bid and to seek negotiated contracts and secures detailed descriptions of potential jobs for the Chief Estimator to review with the CFO.
- Directs the obtaining of plans and specifications and visits job-sites.
- Assesses job conditions, timing, issues, or other special requirements that might affect the final price.
- Assists in the preparation of final bid, directs delivery of bid, and follows up on bid results.
- Answers all technical questions from specialty contractors and suppliers.
- Prepares sequence schedule and methodology for job completion.
- Reviews proposals from suppliers and specialty contractors and negotiates price, terms and conditions.
- Reviews proposals and project scope of work with chief estimator and project managers before awarding contracts.
- Prepares preliminary contract document sheet for writing of contracts and purchase orders.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and correct scope of work.
- Maintains buyout schedules for items or services purchased.
- Assists project manager in resolving conflicts with defective or unacceptable goods or services with vendors, and others to determine source of conflict and take corrective action.
- Preparation of bid sheets and bid folders.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and material and labor pricing.
- Directs bid room updating on a constant basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires supervision of Excel contractor database and Procore contractor database.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork - Puts success of team above own interests.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following:
- Planswift take-off software
- Bid database software - Procore
- Internet software
- Spreadsheets software
- Word Processing software.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
Annual bonus opportunity
Full benefits package