- Estimator Role with Notable General Contractor
- Strong Pipeline of Projects
This top General Contractor located in New Jersey is known for its innovative and team-oriented approach to construction. They have a wide range of projects and utilize cutting edge BIM/virtual building techniques. Projects range from offices, schools, hospitality, parking structures, etc.
- Have a strong Subcontractor/Supplier Relationship
- Reviews owner blueprints and drawings for both negotiated and bid construction projects; determines both the nature and scope of the work to be performed. Attends preliminary meetings with owners and architects to discuss the budget plan. Ensures that all issues and questions effecting the construction of the project are fully clarified before the estimating sequence begins.
- Works with the estimating staff to prepare detailed, quantity and cost take-offs for assigned segments of the project. Using an approved list of contractors, invites subcontractors to submit bids on portions of the job to the subcontracted (elevators, mechanical, electrical, etc.) Ensures that drawings are made available in a timely manner and in sufficient numbers to facilitate the estimate.
- Compiles cost data received for subcontractors for Estimators. Examines data as it is being received for both accuracy and sufficiency before completing the final bid estimate.
- Understanding of Labor, Equipment, and Material rates.
- When preliminary cost estimates exceed the owner's expected budget works with architects and owners in a value-engineering role. Assists in exploring a multitude of architectural alternatives; pricing the alternatives that offers the greatest opportunity for cost savings. To identify other cost-savings alternatives solicits the view of other personnel (Project Managers and Superintendents).
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of costs to prepare conceptual estimates.
- Assists in maintaining and updating the master bid list for the 16 Divisions of work as detailed in the Uniform Construction Index.
- Works with new estimators assigned to the department; ensures that they receive maximum exposure to the cost estimating process. May review the work of other staff members for accuracy; offers suggestions as needed before bid data is consolidated.
- May at times assist in preparing construction schedules, and construction logistic plans.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of design development, estimating.
- Solid knowledge of the following software: WinEst, OST, Revit, SketchUp.
- Advanced user of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Adept in quickly learning new software, related to drafting, modeling, estimating and scheduling.
- Working knowledge of construction drawings, costs and principles.
- Detailed Estimating experience, primarily in a support role.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.