Since 1969, Mecho has been the industry leader in design, manufacturing and marketing of innovative, custom, “out-of-the-box” window shade solutions. Designers, engineers and architects world-wide turn to Mecho to help bring their visions to life. From manually operated roller shades to fully automated systems, Mecho leads the industry with cutting-edge products.
Mecho is headquartered in Long Island City, New York, with sales and manufacturing facilities in the U.S., U.K. and Central America.
- Responsible for processing proposals; recording retention; addressing customer concerns and questions; and working to meet or beat formalized goals and objectives.
- Processing and delivering professionally written proposals and documentation packages on time.
- Ensuring proposals meet or exceed the customers needs, requirements and expectations.
- Working with others to establish a winning proposal strategy for high level or high value projects.
- Upholding impeccable record keeping practices in both hard copy and soft copy format.
- Keeping the proposal estimating system up to date in a timely manner.
- Working with the sales department to improve the hit rate.
- Identifying opportunities to improve profitability, systems and processes.
Education and Experience
- 2 to 4 years experience of related proposal generation experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with electronically controlled high end window roller shading systems is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with manufacturing environment is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer (Word/Excel) skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/writing)