OHL North America (OHL NA) merges global expertise and a 100+ year legacy with the latest innovations and a strong regional footprint to deliver North America's most complex infrastructure and construction projects. The company has more than 2,000 engineering and construction professionals from coast to coast and specializes in the financing, construction and modernization of highways, bridges, rail and mass transit systems, tunnels, water resources, hospitals, schools, and other large-scale infrastructure projects, including alternative delivery. OHL NA is the North American division of international construction company Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A. (OHL Group), headquartered in Madrid, Spain. The company's regional headquarters are located in College Point, NY and has operations coast to coast from California to New York, Texas, Florida, and Illinois. OHL NA ranks #11 on Engineering News Record's (ENR) 2018 Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors List.
Job Summary The Estimator Prepares and/or oversees preparation of proposals which includes estimating, construction scheduling and technical support required to meet proposal requirements. Prepare and execute procurement plan to subcontract all required trades and vendors for each awarded project. Interfaces with the owners and designers to provide all preconstruction support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares construction estimates by preforming various quantitative take offs of construction documents and review vendor and subcontract proposals to select most responsive proposal.
- Provides preconstruction support during the design phase of project, this includes prepare preliminary estimates, value engineering studies, and phasing/scheduling preparation oversight.
- Submits contract documents for legal and risk reviews to designated parties
- Prepares qualifications and assumptions that align with the contractual requirements of the project
- Assists project team in design decisions and development of solutions
- Manages and maintains consistent deliverables in the approved format
- Provides support for all aspects of risk and defines such for Operations coordination support.
- Prepares, tracks, and manages construction budget during the procurement phase of project to assure each purchase is within budget constraints of each item.
- Award subcontracts and PO’s for related projects. Including but not limited to scope preparation and negotiation. All documentation required to provide purchase orders and contracts.
- Assist Marketing Department by providing all preconstruction technical support required to respond to all requests for proposals which include technical write ups, estimating and general support in preparation of proposals.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field of study
- Substantial construction experience and / or engineering background in our market specialization (Educational K-12, Healthcare Projects)
- Experience with On Screen Take Off
- 6+ years of prior vertical construction estimating/field experience
- Must be fluent in English, written and oral.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications and Adobe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective Negotiation skills
OHL North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or any other category protected by law.
OHL USA, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“OHL”) shall not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to OHL or an employee of OHL, by mail, electronically, or otherwise will be considered OHL property. OHL will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. OHL will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. OHL Human Resources is the only authorized representative of OHL to execute any agreements with search firms or staffing agencies. As a condition for payment, a Vendor shall have OHL USA Inc.’s Personnel Agreement and a Job Order signed by an authorized OHL HR representative. Verbal or written communications from any employee of OHL and its subsidiaries shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be the property of OHL.