Job ID: 160940
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Estimator. is the fulcrum to Oldcastle Infrastructure’s business to ensure there is a counterbalance to the customer needs and OI’s profitability through accurate summation of all project costs through analyzing drawings and technical documents to create an accurate proposal for the customer.
The Estimator. is responsible for all allocated inbound non-transactional RFQs. They review drawings, technical documents and other associated documentation to complete take-offs, pricing and ultimately a quote through partnering with other key Oldcastle Infrastructure functional areas such as sales, strategic account managers, production, engineering and transportation in a timely manner.
Estimators are individuals that exhibit organizational discipline and meticulous attention to detail while managing multiple RFQs.
- Complete take-offs and quotes for all RFQ’s brought in by the outside sales team.
- Send quote to customer before due date, ensuring outside salesperson is copied on all correspondence.
- Communicate directly with customer regarding quantity verification/confirmation and quote structure
- Work with the sales team on proposal strategy, basis-of-design changes, or value engineering options
- Work with vendors to prepare bids and write proposals.
- Manage bids that range in size and complexity simultaneously.
- Review and analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare, cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services.
- Utilize market-based price list provided by sales manager.
- Assist in development of department improvement initiatives such as historical data, tool and template development and closing out win/loss jobs in ERP
- Work with outside sales to ensure all Oldcastle Infrastructure products are being considered – “Own the Jobsite” mentality.
- Work with OSR to understand and complete an entire bid package properly
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of how to read and interpret schematics and engineering drawings
- 3+ years of recent construction and/or bidding experience a plus
- Knowledge of software’s for proposal drawings
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.