Long Island Fireproof Door is one of the largest manufacturers of custom hollow metal doors and frames and stocking distributer of hollow metal doors and frames, wood doors, and architectural finish hardware in North America.
We are currently seeking an Estimator to join out Port Washington team.
Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposals, architectural drawings and requirements.
- Reviews support documents including architectural drawings, designs, specifications, and related data to determine required materials and labor for assigned projects.
- Creates itemized list detailing projected cost for time, labor, materials and all other project requirements.
- Research pricing and cost information as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing vendor quotes and assembling quotes for submittal to client
- Provides pertinent information related to the selection of vendors and/or subcontractors.
- Ability to perform quantity takeoffs.
- Makes recommendations for cost effective planning, organizing, and scheduling of work.
- Conducts studies to establish standard cost including hour estimates, labor requirements, and materials needed.
Estimating, analyzing architectural drawings, planning, attention to detail, quantity takeoffs, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Long Island Fireproof Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.