Job ID: 166782
Staker Parson Companies, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position as an experienced Estimator/Project Manager involving the preparation of quantity estimates using material, labor and overhead costs and management of projects that are awarded to the company.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documents to prepare time, material, equipment, production and labor estimates.
- Prepare preliminary estimates for planning purposes and detailed estimates based on final plans and specifications.
- Consult with clients, vendors and others to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Maintain current and accurate information on prices from suppliers and contractors through direct contact and written materials.
- Prepare bid packages, estimates and analysis of subcontractor bids for projects of any size and complexity.
- Physically measure, assess the condition, and formalize estimates for commercial projects.
- Participate in the bidding process.
- Manage projects awarded from scheduling, resource allocation, cost projections, and billing.
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to management.
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project plans, specifications and review the project startup list to insure that each item is done, ie. dig line has been contracted.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements determining sources.
- Check that foreman’s job quantities are correct and submitted to Estimating; remember they will generate the invoice based on what you report.
- Maintain, in conjunction with the hot plant operator, adequate oil supplies and fuels to meet the projects needs. Review Hot plant reports, crusher reports, job reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other related field.
- Five years construction estimating experience is preferred; or an equivalent of education and experience will be accepted
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. .
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.