- To project and control construction costs by collecting and studying information.
Presents information collected for bids and for ongoing project data.
- Mid‐Atlantic Residential company headquartered in the DC metro area, is
looking to recruit a new Construction Cost Estimator.
- As a general contracting company, they specialize in residential and commercial renovations and new construction.
- In the past few years they have experienced tremendous growth and are looking to keep the momentum going.
- Fast paced growing company and offer our employees the opportunity to continue their career growth through training and new job opportunities.
- Salary is competitive with the market and benefits are included.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation provided to prepare vendor bid packages,
materials estimates, and labor estimates.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by providing vendor bid packages which specify
materials; identifies qualified subcontractors; and price negotiation.
- Consults with sales team, production team, clients, engineers, architects, owners, and
subcontractors in collecting information for bidding and for ongoing projects.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids
as the project develops.
- Must be able to analyze information, develop budgets, and maintain vendor relationships.
- Strong skills in reporting, documenting, and team work is a MUST.
- At a minimum, 5 years experience in construction project management or estimating for residential and commercial projects above $300,000 in value.
- Must have at a minimum of an associates degree with a bachelor's preferred.
- Must have strong communications skills, be well spoken, and present professionally.
- Competitive salary starting between $70k and $100k dependent upon experience with
opportunity to bonus, full benefits package including vacation and sick leave, health benefits, and 401k employer match program.