Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for an Estimator/Sales Representative in our Mobile District. With annual sales of more than $200 million, we are growing rapidly and are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
OVERVIEW: Effectively sell the company's products and/or services within an assigned territory or market segment while maintaining maximum profitability and growth.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for marketing, sales, estimating, and project management for security, access control, network video systems, and structured cabling related projects. Have a working knowledge of all local, state, and federal regulations and codes that apply to projects of this type.
- Maintain necessary relationships with Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Electrical Contractors, End Users, Vendors, AHJ's, and other business-related contacts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of systems and technology offered by VSC.
- Be comfortable in making public presentations.
- Attend necessary trade shows to promote VSC and its products and services.
- Attend necessary vendor trade shows to learn about new products and services.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, site surveys, and project meetings as required.
- Maintain a working relationship with other VSC sales personnel and properly share leads as necessary.
- Prepare sales presentations and demonstrations to successfully show and explain the operation and use of all products and services represented by VSC.
- Responsibility may be further defined by territory or by the scope of projects to meet division goals. Responsible to create, maintain, and develop client base to meet department/division goals. It has the primary responsibility to generate new business and quote on these types of contract opportunities.
- Actively participate in self-development and continuing education to maintain the necessary certification. Keep abreast of new and developing technology, stay informed of changing codes and business trends, and communicate those changes to colleagues.
This job description outlines representative job duties associated with this position, but it is not intended to be a complete or exclusive description of all possible assignments or tasks an individual employee may encounter in the course of work or be asked to perform. To meet the needs of the workplace, an employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
To watch a brief video related to the many career opportunitieswith VSC Fire & Security and to hear from some of our current employees, please click here.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We look forward to hearing from you!