Our fast-growing fire sprinkler protection and life safety system company has a full-time career opportunity for a Estimator/Sales Representativefor Low Voltageinthe Virginia Beach District. With annual sales of more than $170 million, VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is growing rapidly and we are recruiting top fire protection and life safety talent to join our team.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Responsible for marketing, sales, and project management for special hazards, fire alarms, security, surveillance and access system projects as assigned within division. Responsibility may be further defined by territory or by scope of projects to meet division goals. Responsible to create, maintain and develop client base to meet department/division goals. Has primary responsibility to generate new business and quote on contract opportunities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Demonstrated ability to make potential client contacts, meet external representatives at all levels of the client organization and to represent the Company in a professional manner with good interpersonal communication skills.
Strong estimating skills with knowledge of fire alarm and clean agent system(s) installation materials, labor requirements and overall project management requirements. Ability to prepare estimate from bid documents, blueprints, specifications or site surveys.
In-depth knowledge and experience related to the installation and maintenance of fire protection systems, especially fire detection and alarm systems and clean agent systems. General knowledge of security, surveillance and access systems is helpful.
Knowledge of applicable State, local requirements, IBC and NFPA requirements. Ability to work closely with Fire Marshals or other Authorities Having Jurisdiction, governing the location of the company's work geography. Level II NICET certification (or completed exam elements) preferred. Attain NICET Level III certification within (2) years of employment. Good record keeping skills is essential..
Demonstrated PC skills with Excel, Word, as well as experience using a customer database management system.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- SALES AND ESTIMATING
- Seeks new business through follow up of leads, the establishment of new contacts, periodic communication with former customers, the adoption of specific marketing strategies, and of existing related service offerings.
- Develops and maintains close working relationship with customer and referral base. Promotes capabilities of division to identified architectural and engineering firms within key division market areas.
- Promotes cross-selling and cooperative sales opportunities with Alarm Department, Special Hazard division and other divisions as appropriate.
- As directed by Division Manager, represents Division at selected industry trade shows, utilizing targeted marketing techniques to meet needs of that customer base.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, and/or performs site surveys to gain understanding of scope of project.
- Prepares proposals, submits estimates, and negotiates contracts with new and recurring customers, and diligently seeks to obtain the contract within established financial guidelines for division.
- Establishes and maintains communications with Owners, their representatives, and other contractors pertaining to work schedules, progress reports, change orders and any critical factors related to site work.
- Visits site as necessary to check on progress of work, and fulfillment of contractual commitments.
- Communicates as necessary with Owners, their representatives, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) and building inspectors where required, to represent the client's interests and to resolve issues of non-compliance or discrepancies.
- In all cases, works closely with clients to insure that all circumstances involving disagreement as to scope, method of handling on site conditions, or other client dissatisfaction, is handled tactfully, and with patience and integrity.
- Insures compliance with V.U.S.B.C. and NFPA standards.
Makes sales calls to established customers and to develop new business. Requires mobility to visit client offices and other types of facilities. Requires standard business hours plus occasional overnight travel. Visits job sites to monitor work in progress, determine scope of work for proposals. Must be capable of traversing rough job sites, climbing ladders or lifts as necessary to view conditions of project scope, as well as access to confined spaces, attics, basements, and cooler installations. This will usually involve performing duties which require handling, placement, ascending/descending and various visual inspection functions while on the ladder. Requires visual acuity to read documents and drawings as needed.
Individual also performs administrative tasks in office environment utilizing standard office equipment. Position requires visual acuity for PC and written documents; requires good speaking voice for phone interaction and auditory acuity for telephone use as well as digital dexterity for PC use.
Must possess valid driver's license. Must provide criminal background information to meet Department of Criminal Justice authorization card standards.
To watch a brief video related to the many career opportunitieswith VSC Fire & Security and to hear from some of our current employees, please click here.
VSC Fire & Security, Inc. is a drug free workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!