- Position Type: Summer Only Positions/ESY Special Education Paraporfessional
- Date Posted: 2/14/2019
- Location: Edina High School
- Date Available: July 2019
- Closing Date: Until Filled
Internal Applicant Deadline: Tuesday, February 26th, 2019 at 4:30 pmDescription: Edina Public Schools has several openings for part-time paraprofessionals at Edina High School for students in our Autism Spectrum site based program and our Developmental Cognitive site based program. Paras will support 1 to 4 students in a special education classroom setting as directed by the special education teacher(s) at each site. The programs runs for 4 weeks July 15 th – August 8 th , Monday – Thursday 7:45-11:15. Qualifications: Two years college required or having passed Para Pro examRequired Qualifications:
- Two years of post-secondary education.
- Ability to learn and apply behavioral management techniques with consistency and good judgment.
- Interest in working in a student population.
- Knowledge of district and school policies and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use a computer for word processing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and employees
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other employees.
- Ability to perceive students’ needs and develop positive relationships.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to anticipate and diffuse problems and disruptive situations.
Pay Range: $14.63/hr-$18.90/hr (based on full-time, related experience)Application Procedure:Apply online.