The team consists of 7 individuals and works on Data Integration. The team moves data from one area to another working with Finance, Operations, Device, Customers and Associates. This team will query the data, move the file/database and provide the correct format. This person needs to be able to think efficiently on coding abstract jobs and support their own code in production.
Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing and supporting applications within a mature technology environment. Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques and contribute to the technical code documentation. Perform detailed unit testing. Participate in application support and enhancement activities.
Role Specific Responsibilities
• As appropriate, participate in project planning sessions with Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Technical Architects to analyze business / technology requirements and outline the proposed technology solution
• Participate in project estimation activities
• Translate technical requirements into a detailed design for new and existing code
• Document the detailed design specifications
• Incorporate support, standards, and security requirements into design
• Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
• Develop and enhance software application modules
• UNIX – Expertise in ksh scripting and data manipulation. Competency with regular expressions and utilities like sed, grep, awk.
• Oracle – version 10 or higher. Expertise in creating and tuning complex high volume queries. Ability to analyze and understand complex data models to create solutions for data selection requirements.
• Experience in Perl is desirable, but not required
• Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
• Perform unit, system and integration testing and participate in capacity / performance testing of an application
• Adhere to security, control, and SDLC policies throughout design, development and testing
• Understand and execute release management and change management processes for changes to applications.
• Identify and document ongoing maintenance requirements
• Production support activities involving the identification, troubleshooting and resolution of application issues and code defects
• Provide off hours support as required.
• Take ownership of a problem and stay with it through to resolution -- often involves coordinating the actions of people in other teams to achieve the desired result.
• Communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
• Manage individual workload and deliver agreed upon project milestones
• Communicate status and risks to manager regarding delivering solution on time
• Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and assist with resolution of issues
• College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years experience in ETL or data warehousing
• Possess required skills
Category Name Level Experience
Programming Languages ksh Expert 5+ years
Programming Languages SQL (Oracle) Expert 5+ years
Programming Languages Informatica Intermediate 4+ years
Programming Languages Perl Novice optional
Version Control ClearCase or equivalent Intermediate 4+ years
Technical Writing Design Documents Expert 5+ years
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178