Time to get to work! LRS Consulting Services is seeking an ETL Developer for our client in Central Illinois. This is a contract to hire opportunity for the right person. If you're that person, if you have the ETL development expertise that we need, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts, combined with your technical expertise, equals career possibilities for you. So let's get to work!
The ETL Developer will:
- Develop, manage, and update data models, including physical and logical models of the data warehouse, data mart, and staging area, and sometimes the operational data store and source systems. This position is essential to building the enterprise data warehouse, which is the foundation on which the organization has put its business intelligence.
- Work with business requirements analysts to identify and understand source data systems.
- Map source system data to data warehouse models.
- Develop and test extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
- Identify conflicting views or issues, and strive to identify the best solutions, documenting issues, completing requests for services and functioning as a liaison between user departments, IT management and software vendors.
- Demonstrate extensive system/application knowledge; provide system/application support as needed.
- Promote and demonstrate effective teamwork attitude utilizing input and ideas from others and readily offering assistance or feedback to others as needed, demonstrating user oriented focus.
- Coordinate tasks and serve as a facilitator and consultant to assist in analysis of process flow and implementation of change to improve quality of service.
- Be subject to call back at all times. Must be available to support the organization and staff as necessary particularly in crisis or downtime situations.
- Must be results-oriented and able to manage time appropriately in order to meet assigned goals.
- Support development and achievement of departmental goals and initiatives in a positive, constructive manner at all times.
- Develop and achieve personal goals annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field required
- 4+ years of experience in an Information Systems environment, particularly in specific areas such as business intelligence or enterprise data warehousing may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
- Must have 2+ years of experience with ETL tools, such as Informatica or IBI
- Must have knowledge of 3GL/4GL programming languages and ETL products
- Understanding of source and target data structures, ETL processes, and products
- Ability to analyze and estimate system requirements, develop alternatives, and implement solutions
- Must have an understanding of computer systems including hardware, operating systems, programming languages, and data communications
- Must have an understanding of business processes and system interdependencies
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must have permanent authorization to work in the USA for any employer
- Corp to corp candidates will not be considered
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.